We are hiring: Java developer
Vantage Point, the premier security assessment company in Singapore is looking for a Java Developer to support the defensive security team.
Who is Vantage Point?
Vantage Point is the culmination of the best information security minds in SE Asia, together in one passionate energetic Singaporean company. We help keep some of the strongest Asian banks, telecommunications and service providers secure.
The responsibilities include performing security source code reviews, architecture and design security reviews, and communicating secure development principles to developers.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong Java development skills, a deep interest in securing applications and outstanding interpersonal as well as communication skills.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops strong working relationships with assigned clients and Vantage Point team members.
- Enhances cross-functional client development teams by providing security expertise on the subjects of coding, architecture and design and requirements
- Maintains knowledge base on secure coding practices and security best practices
- Performs source code security reviews and documents vulnerabilities including actionable and relevant solutions
- Development and delivery experience with Java (J2EE)
- Experience with common Java frameworks (Hibernate, Spring, Struts, Kony, …)
- Experience of developing large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Good working knowledge with versioning control systems (git, svn, …)
- Strong understanding of security concepts (Authorisation, Authentication, Input Filtering, Cryptography, …)
- Web Application Security knowledge (OWASP Top 10, etc.)
- Being able to write secure code
- Ability to integrate security into agile development life cycle
- Ability to perform trainings and workshops
- Ability to consult developers on secure coding practices
- Ability to analyse Java source code for security vulnerabilities
- Additional programming language experience (Objective C, Android, .Net, …) is preferred
- Knowledge about Jenkins, SonarCube is preferred
- Previous experience with Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum is preferred
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communicators who are able to articulate themselves clearly both verbally and written.
- Friendly and polite with human relation skills, negotiation and documentation ability.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally.
- Degree in computer science (or relevant experience)
- 3+ years of experience as Java Developer in large software projects
How to apply
Please contact stefan [at] vantagepoint.sg.